I kind of got sad today thinking about how quick the time goes. And some days I wish it would just slow down! I thought of a list of times when I wish I was from that show (Out of This
World) where the girl would put her fingers together and boomb...time would freeze.....here are a few...
Sunday mornings with Ava and Michael snuggled in bed
Dinners with our family
Bath time with Ava
Time with my family in Ohio
Our Wedding Day
The day Ava was born
The day we brought her home from the hospital
The last time we spent time with Keith and Nate
The list is a lot longer but those are just a few on the top of my head right now.
I stop myself now when I start to stay stuff like, "I can't wait till Ava does ......" I CAN wait because time is so special. Last Saturday was the anniversary of Michael's step dad, Keith's death. It's hard to believe it's been a year. But we took time that day to really remember the
wonderful times we had. We talked about "time" and how precious it is. We watched our wedding video, which has Keith and Nate looking the best/happiest they had ever looked. It was sad but so great to reminisce about that day and the time we spent with them.
I guess with a child, time just starts to fly by. I have been really busy with work. Which is great, but hard because even when I am there, I feel guilty that I am not with her. I guess that is just part of being a mommy. My mom said that to me the other day..."Melissa, guilt is something you constantly feel when you become a parent....along with worry." I totally get it now. Sorry
mom, for all those times when I rolled my eyes at you for worrying. I know exactly what you were feeling now.
Yesterday Ava had her 4 month shots at her Dr.'s apt. She weighed 15 1/2 lbs and was 25 1/2 inches long. That puts her in the 90th percentile for height and weight. I guess we have a big girl. People that see me holding her always make comments like "pretty soon, she's gonna be
bigger than you!" Don't really know how to take that. I just laugh it off for now. "Thanks, I guess" haha!
Here are some pictures of Ava I took today. She was a little grumpy but still wanting to play.
She is so darling Melissa! I want to just kiss those little cheeks. I laughed when you wrote about "out of this world" I think about that show all the time. I always wish I could freeze time. You are so smart to realize this now. When Hannah was a baby I kept wanting her to do the next thing. And now she leaves me everyday and goes to kindergarten. I wish I could get her back. On Carter and Ethan, I held on tighter to the baby stages. Especially with Ethan. I still call him "the baby" eventhough he turns 2 in a few weeks.
ReplyDelete:-( I don't regret anything with him, because I slowed down and enjoyed every stage, didn't rush him forward, although dang it, he's still growing up. Being a mommy is very bitter sweet. But mostly sweet.
This is so touching. Melissa you are so happy and I am just thrilled for you. You have a beautiful family & it's great that you realize time is going so fast... it makes you enjoy it more :)
ReplyDelete